Thursday, May 13, 2010

Out of the Woods

Soon after we found out about having twins, we read in a couple of books about the Vanishing Twin Syndrome. This is where one of the babies during the first trimester quits growing and is absorbed back into the body. Needless to say, we have had a lot on the brain since learning about this syndrome. My friend Sean, who is a baby doctor, recommended that we quit worrying and quit reading books and the internet. Turns out she was right!

I haven’t been able to concentrate or think much about anything else leading up to today’s appointment. I told the doctor I just wanted to see that both babies are still in there. He looked at me like “what, you don’t think they still are?” I’m pretty sure he thought I was crazy!

The ultrasound confirmed that both babies are in fact still inside and doing great. We got to see them move all around. I can’t even put into words what a sight this was. They are little wiggle worms. To see them progress from two miniature peanuts just four weeks ago to two actual bodies with heads and arms and legs was breathtaking. Mother Nature is somethin' else!

Doctor is 80% certain they are not identical twins. We'll find out the sex in 7 weeks. Trent is pretty confident they are boys!


I feel like I can breathe again! We are out of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment