- Earlier in the week, I had a bit of a fainting spell and have been very tired. He told me that I have low blood pressure and it is especially low for carrying twins. It’s very important that I stay hydrated to keep my blood pressure from dropping, which is why I almost fainted on Monday.
- I gained a whooping 8 lbs. this month! Yes, you read that correctly…that is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. This brings the grand total to 18. I knew these babies had grown…just didn’t realize I grew that much too, although Sabrina did point out on Saturday that I now have a "booty".
- The doctor asked me if I was still working full-time and I basically looked at him like he was crazy. “Why wouldn’t I still be working full-time”, I thought. He said that bed rest is common when carrying twins; therefore, I need to limit my extracurricular activities to try to keep bed rest at bay. He said I’m to rest after work and on the weekends and that I may have to cut back my hours at work as we get closer to D-Day. I’m not very good at doing nothing. I’m glad the nursery is painted so I won’t have to worry with that project and I guess washing the cars is now out of the picture.
- In my opinion, he used the words “high risk” too many times during our conversation, but it is what it is. Having twins is high risk.
- I got to hear the heart beat of Ellis and Jackson. They are doing great!
A friend of mine had twins last November and she's been warning me about all these things. I will admit that I have doubted all she’s said up until now. This pregnancy has been so easy that I figured her issues wouldn’t be my issues. All I can do is take it one day at a time and hope for the best and remind myself that I can only control what I can control…rest and relax.
On a lighter note, when I told the Doc that my belly exploded this month…he laughed and said “just wait until next month.” Thanks Doc for making me laugh. I needed it today!
My next appointment is in 4 weeks when they will screen me for gestational diabetes. After that I see him ever two weeks and then every week. The next ultrasound is scheduled for Sept. 7 (28 weeks). Sept. 7 can't get here soon enough!