Friday, January 21, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies....EVER!

Two weeks into being a Mommy, I was tired, a little stressed and more tired.  I was on the verge of tears 24 hours a day and felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster.  No one tells you that you may have these feelings and if you do, it's OK!  But now that I think about it, even if someone did tell me about it I don't think you can fully comprehend how it will affect you until you in are in the thick of it. 

During the third week of being home with two little munchkins, a friend brought me a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Not just any ole' cookies, but the best homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies I have ever had.  I devoured them within in a matter of days.  They made me feel so much better.  For me, comfort food is sweets and I don't think she will ever know how much her homemade cookies brightened my day(s). 

I made a batch last night and thought it would be a shame if I didn't share the recipe with you.  I hope you love them as much as I do and that one day they brighten a dark day of yours.

3/4 cup Butter Flavor Shortening
1 1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
2 TBS Milk
1 TBS Vanilla
1 Egg
1 tsp Salt
1 3/4 cup Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Oatmeal
1 12 oz bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Combine shortening through salt and mix by hand. Add flour and soda.  Mix in oatmeal, chocolate chips and nuts (optional).

Bake 9 - 10 minutes at 375 degrees. 

*I like mine chewy so I bake them 8 minutes.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment