Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Finger Paint Fun

It seems like it takes a lot more to entertain the Boys than it use to, which means it takes more from me to keep them entertained. Boredom means cranky kids and then they start getting into things they shouldn't.

I've been wanting to try finger paints for awhile now, but just wasn't sure if the Boys were ready for it, in other words, I wasn't sure if I was up for cleaning up the mess.

I found a recipe for washable paint and mixed up a batch. It turned out great. And the boys had a ball.


 
I was a little afraid that with all the food coloring they may have been blue for a couple of days, but luckily it all washed off.



Even the clean up was fun!

Bailey is supervising.


Washable Finger Paint
 
2 tbls sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 cups water
1/4 cup dishwashing soap
food coloring
 
In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens into a smooth gel.  Stir in the dishwashing soap.
 
Pour into individual containers and add food coloring. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment