Thursday, September 30, 2010

Week 31 - Doc Appointment

Everything went great at the doctor this morning.


Blood pressure and weight gain are both in check, heartbeats are good; we are moving right along.

From this point on I will see Dr. S. once a week, I have to go to Mercy Hospital every Sunday and Thursday for a Non-Stress Test (NST) and I have two more ultrasounds (one tomorrow and then again in about 3 weeks.) I didn't realize that towards the end the babies would be monitored this much.

The NST checks their fetal heart rate while they are in motion. I have to eat before I go to insure the babies are awake. This is a standard test performed to confirm that both babies are doing well. Since I have twins, I need the test twice a week. Here is more detailed information on a NST and what it tests.

I will report tomorrow on the ultrasound. I can't wait to see out how much the munchkins have grown!

We've decided to do a c-section so unless the babies try to come early expect their arrival sometime the week of November 8th.

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful news! Yeah for healthy babies and strong heartbeats!!!!
    Are you going to do a 4D ultrasound? Email me some US pics!!!

    ReplyDelete