Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 31 - Ultrasound

It's amazing what can be learned from an ultrasound that you can't get from a regular doctor's visit. Thursday I had my doctor's visit and I left feeling like everything was fabulous. Friday was a different story.

During the ultrasound I learned that Baby A (Jackson) only weighs 3 lbs and Baby B (Brooks) weighs 4 lbs. 1 oz. I also found out that my cervix is shortening and getting thinner which puts me at risk for preterm labor. I go back for another ultrasound in 2 weeks. If at that time the baby's weights are still drastically different then the situation will be addressed at that time (not 100% sure what he meant by this). He said it could just be that all babies are different and grow at different rates or it could be something wrong with the placenta. Cross you fingers that all goes well in 2 weeks. I need Brooks to quit stealing all the nutrients and to let Jackson have some!

He told me to take it easy and to try to stay off my feet. I left the office with my head spinning.

Sunday we went to the hospital for the bi-weekly Non-Stress Test. I got to lay in a hospital bed for about an hour with my belly connected to a fetal monitor. Both babies did great during the test; I go back again on Thursday morning. I'm eager to go to the doctor on Thursday to see what he recommends after all these findings.

We have a baby shower at our house on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing all our family and friends. Plus it gives me reason to get the house completed, cleaned and nursey finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment