Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bittersweet

Our lazy weekends that we love so much are about to come to an end. Sleeping in on a Saturday or Sunday morning with breakfast in bed, reading the newspaper and then a mid-morning nap are about to be over and I find this to be bittersweet. I know that the new lives, which are about to enter our world, will completely change the way we exist. I know that this change will certainly be for the better, but at the same time it’s hard to imagine what our new way of life will be like.

I love feeling the boys move in my belly. Will there be a void when they are gone or will I just be so busy (and tired) that I won’t notice or have just forgotten about it. Last night one of the boys rumps was poking through my belly!

I live in a constant state of conflicting emotions. Excited, scared (a lot of scared actually) and happy. Each one pulls in a different direction and I never know which one will win the tug of war contest at that time.

I know this last month will be very interesting. The constant wondering if they will arrive early, do I have everything at work ready to go if they do. I'm emotional, tired and have lost my "pregnancy glow". I try to still be upbeat and a generally happy person, but that is hard sometimes when I find it difficult to just walk down the hall to the bathroom!

We have another ultrasound on Friday and I'm eager to see how much the little men have grown.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure there are a LOT of things going through your head! Just rest easy knowing that you have all of us to help out when you need that extra sleep! You are going to be a fantastic mother and those boys are going to be so well taken care of and loved beyond belief!

    ReplyDelete