Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WHY?

I’ve been trying to write this post for several weeks, but I haven’t had the right words and I felt the situation was a little too raw for me to broadcast on my blog. Now I feel like I can and hopefully the timing is right.

My brother and sister-in-law received some unfortunate news that they are unable to conceive. I’ve been struggling with this for awhile now. How did I get blessed with two babies at one time and they can’t even have one? How is that fair and why did it have to happen to them? Every time I sit down to write about this tears come to my eyes. I just want to make it all better for them, but it’s not in my power.

I am glad to report that they are working thru the grieving process and have decided to adopt a little girl from Ethiopia. This fills my heart with so much happiness. This process will have its ups and downs and it will probably take much longer than the 9 months I’ve endured to get my children, but they are both strong individuals and I know they will make it thru this chapter in their life. A tiny, precious blessing is coming their way and I look forward to our children growing up together.

They’ve started a blog about their journey and I encourage you to follow along; I know I will.

Kathleen is incredibly crafty and all the proceeds from her Etsy shop benefit their adoption fund. You can find her creations (everything from diaper cakes to little girl dresses to holiday decorations) here. Check it out often as she is always adding new items and remember that you will be helping their cause with each and every purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment