Friday, June 18, 2010

The Belly Rub

Those who've been pregnant before can appreciate this one, other's probably not so much.

Belly Rubbing by Me:

I used to always wonder why women would touch their pregnant bellies while posing for pictures. Case in point…




Do they really think we can't tell that they are pregnant without pointing it out?

Well, I catch myself doing the same thing. Not necessarily while posing for pictures, I don't find myself on the red carpet too many times, but at other random moments. It's out there, it feels a little weird and it completely throws off your posture (I can't even imagine what I will say about this topic in another couple of months when I'm gigantic).

I also find myself holding my belly in the middle of the night. When I wake up for the second time to go to the bathroom there is my hand holding my belly. Maybe I'm just saying hi to the little ones!!

Belly Rubbing by Others:

It's only happened a couple of times, once was from Mom while she asked me if anyone has touched my belly. Now that it's a little more obvious (no matter how much I suck it in, it's still there) I'm sure it will happen more often. When someone reaches for my belly is it rude if I pull away or is it part of being pregnant, you just have to stand there and take it while strangers touch your belly. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment