Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hail Storm from Hell

I'm at a loss for words these days, so I apologize for my lengthy pause.

Since the hail storm on May 16, we've been completely consumed with the cleanup, and all it entails. After 30 large lawn and leaf trash bags our yard is somewhat free of leaves. Here are a couple of pictures taken right after the storm.






Dealing with the insurance company is never fun, but at least we've almost completed the process. A new roof and paint job are next on the list. I will be so happy to get rid of the green paint!

We are hosting a party for Trent's office next Friday and are expecting around 50+ people. As you can imagine, we've been working in high gear to get all our home improvements completed. The hail storm certainly slowed our progress a bit. Now we (Trent and me) just have to spread about 6 tons of rock in our flower beds. I'm sure this will be a fun project! Let's just hope it isn't 100 degrees on Saturday and Sunday.

Next Friday can't get here soon enough. I plan to do nothing next Saturday and Sunday. Someone please hold me to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment