Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What a mess

My hair has caused me angst the majority of my life.  When I was little, I can remember sitting at the vanity and Mom painstakingly combing out all the tangles.  It was awful.  I would protest and she would tell me "you have to suffer to be beautiful." 

When I got a little older Mom permed my hair.  I still question this decision considering I have naturally curly hair.  I guess it was the thing to do.

When I was in high school I wanted big beautiful curls, not the tiny messy curls I naturally have.  So I got a perm from some beauty school flunky at JC Penny's in the Ardmore Mall, then cried as I left because the curls where even tighter than I had to begin with. 

In my 20's I straightened my hair.  I would spend hours working on it.

Now in my 30's, I've finally accepted my hair for what it is.  I don't perm, I don't straighten, I just embrace it.

Then I got pregnant. 

Due to a spike in your estrogen level, you loose little hair while pregnant.  I had thick beautiful hair.

Now, post pregnancy my hair is a mess.  That fabulous estrogen level has plummeted and I now find my hairs everywhere, EVERYWHERE.  I thought our dog shed a lot, now it's me.  I loose it by the handfuls.  My ponytail is wimpy and my hair is just...yuck.  It should be back to normal within a year.  Just one more way my body has suffered for these great babies. 

Speaking of babies, here they are just two weeks old.  So tiny. 


Jackson and Brooks



No comments:

Post a Comment