Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Weekend


We traveled to Marietta, Oklahoma for Easter weekend.  I can't believe how much stuff we took.  Just take a look at the back of our car. 

 


You would think we were going to be gone for a week, nope just two nights.    

Bottles, diapers (lots of diapers), wipes, formula, baby food, several changes of clothes for each kiddo for each day, jammies, blankets, toys, etc.  Then stuff for me and stuff for Trent.  We considered taking Bailey, but so glad we didn't because she and her stuff (toys and dog food) wouldn't fit in the car.  I'm pretty sure I over packed, but better to have too much then not enough. 
  
The Boys did pretty well in the car considering the 2 hour trip took us 3.5 hours with construction and we got stuck in a hail storm.  Luckily no hail damage to the car.  I'm so glad we have a big vehicle because I was able to crawl in the back and feed them during the ride. 

It was great to get away for the weekend and to spend time with family and friends.  It was a lot of work getting us all packed up, but well worth it. 

More posts to come on our weekend adventures.

Travel Tip:  Fill extra bottles with water for the car ride so if they get hungry or just need some comfort all you have to do is add powdered formula.  I only packed two bottles for the car ride down, but wished I would have packed extra, if for nothing else, just peace of mind. 

My handsome Boys on Easter Sunday. 
Brooks is on the left and Jackson on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment