Monday, March 28, 2011

My Old Self...Where Are You?

Pre-pregnancy, I was probably in the best shape of my life.  I was training for a marathon and had lots of time to commit to my hobby.  I would run on my lunch hour, I would run after work, I would run on the weekends.  Run, Run, Run.  I loved it.  I loved having the fresh air fill my lungs only to escape out my nose.  I loved running in the cold, the rain, even the snow. 

But, now post pregnancy, I just can't seem to regain that zeal.  I want it...I can see it...I just can't seem to grasp it.  It is so close yet so far away.  My body has pretty much returned to normal, but it needs some fine tuning. The boys have left me a little soft. Nothing running can't fix.

For Christmas I finally got that new snazzy watch I've always wanted to keep up with my distance and pace, I have a jogging stroller that I can push the boys in (although this is easier said than done, even if the stroller is designed with this in mind). I have all the accessories I need.  I'm even at a fitness center on Monday nights where I teach dance, but I would rather see my boys for the few minutes I have before class instead of jumping on a treadmill.

Maybe a treadmill like this at home is the solution.  I really want one. I have these grand ideas that once the boys go to sleep or take a nap (although getting them to nap at the same time is difficult) I'll hop on the treadmill and knock out a few miles. But the reality is that after the last baby has gone to sleep, the only thing I want to do is rest before the nightly chores of bottle washing, kitchen cleaning and laundry commence.

I know that once I get started I will fall back into a routine, but getting started is the toughest part.

Any suggestions for getting me over this hump?

No comments:

Post a Comment